The ITIL V3 Service Management life-cycle is a broad service management model (see below) that can apply to any IT service-related activity. Computer Aid (CAI) has successfully used a service life-cycle approach to outsourced application support for over 18 years.
The above graphic illustrates how the V3 Service Life-cycle can apply specifically to the application support function. The graphic illustrates CAI’s approach to life-cycle phase interactions and outcomes when implementing an application support team.
- Service Strategy – Assessment & Findings
- Service Design – Process Design and Service Level Agreement Initiation
- Service Transition – Transition Plan Development / Implementation & Knowledge Capture
- Service Operations – Implement Operational Processes, CAI ITSM Tool Tracer, Capture Data, Service Operations Reporting
- Continual Service Improvement – Data from Service Operations Package and Delivery Quality Assurance, input to improvement action plan